Welcome to Geneseo, New York - Livingston County Seat and home to the State University of New York at Geneseo. You will find our unique historic community nestled in stunning landscapes, productive farms and scenic waterways, conveniently located in the Genesee Valley and western Finger Lakes, including nearby Conesus Lake.
|Take a Photo Tour|
|Historic Geneseo Photo Tour||Geneseo Events Photo Tour||Scenic Geneseo Photo Tour|
|Get to Know Us Better|
- Walk Geneseo’s Historic District, recognized as a National Historic Landmark, one of 24 in the country.
- Tour SUNY Geneseo, a premier public liberal arts college.
- Visit the National Warplane Museum, internationally renowned for its Return to Normandy Project, its WWII era displays, and the production of the Geneseo Air Show each July.
- Learn about area history at the Livingston County Historical Museum, where collections are displayed in an early cobblestone schoolhouse.
- Take in a horse show – Geneseo is home to all kinds of equestrian activities, including the Genesee Valley Hunt, oldest operating hunt club in the U.S.
- Enjoy the gorgeous views at Letchworth State Park, “Grand Canyon of the East” carved by the Genesee River, 6 miles southwest of town.
- Find helpful information at the Geneseo Welcome Center at 81 Main Street.
Our website is designed to give you a sense of who we are – we hope you will find it helpful and be inspired to come for a visit and, perhaps stay awhile!